Greens Plus Camu Camu Capsules contain 100% pure camu berry fruit and juice powder from the Amazon. Camu Camu has the highest concentration of natural Vitamin C. Camu Camu contains 15% Ascorbic Acid. Ascorbic Acid is considered, by nutrition scientists, to be the single most important vitamin required for human health. Almost all organisms can synthesize their own Vitamin C from glucose.
These synergistic phytonutrients combine to deliver a massive 110,807 Total ORAC units per serving.
One 4 capsule serving of Camu Camu Caps provides 400mg of 100% natural Vitamin C, the daily amount recommended for healthy adults by the Linus Pauling Institute (LPI). LPI estimates that 5 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables provides approximately 200mg of Vitamin C, therefore 1 serving of Camu Camu Caps provides the same amount of Vitamin C as 10 servings fruits and vegetables.
Camu Camu Fruit and Juice Powder
Camu Camu contains the highest concentration of natural Vitamin C, with 15% Ascorbic Acid and over 70 synergistic antioxidants, essential minerals and amino acids, including Calcium, Potassium, Phosphorus, Beta–carotene, Alanine, Phenylalanine, Serine, and Ellagic, Citric and Malic Acids.
Vitamin C (100% from Camu Camu)
Ascorbic Acid is considered by nutrition scientists to be the single most important vitamin required for human health. Almost all organisms can synthesize their own Vitamin C from glucose, with the exception of a small group of mammals that includes monkeys, apes and humans.
According to the Linus Pauling Institute, Vitamin C is involved in at least 8 enzymatic reactions and 6 life–sustaining systems, including:
1. Energy Production: Without Vitamin C, the body cannot synthesize the amino acid Carnitine, which transports fat into mitochindria for conversion to adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the universal energy molecule.
2. Antioxidant Network: Vitamin C not only neutralizes free radicals, but regenerates other antioxidants such as Vitamin E, preventing oxidative stress and protecting cells and vital organs.
3. Collagen Synthesis: Vitamin C is an essential component of connective tissue and regenerates healthy blood, skin, tendons, ligaments and bone. Inadequate Vitamin C intake results in Advanced Glycation End–products (AGE's) causing structural weakness, inflammation and disease.
4. Brain Chemistry: An important component of neurotransmitter production, Vitamin C converts dopamine to epinephrine and tryptophan to serotonin, promoting the proper balance of chemicals in the brain and central nervous system.
5. Immunity: Vitamin C stimulates the genesis and function of white blood cells, increasing phagocytosis and interferon production and enhancing antibody mobility.
6. Cardiovascular System: Vitamin C naturally promotes the vasodilation of blood vessels and results in muscular relaxation. It plays a role in the metabolization of cholesterol to bile acids, which in turn absorbs dietary fat and is another important step in the energy production process.
As an essential component of so many life–sustaining functions, it is important that we consume the highest quality Ascorbic Acid available, especially from fresh fruits and vegetables.
Most commercially–produced Vitamin C is created from sugar in either a chemical cocktail called the Reichstein Process, or by genetically–modified bacteria and/or yeast fermentation. Acetone, perchloric acid and benzene are just 3 of the toxic pollutants used to isolate Vitamin C, 80% of which originates in chemical factories in China.
By far the best source of natural Vitamin C is the Camu Camu Berry from the Brazilian Amazon. Just one cup of fresh Camu Berries contain 2520mg of Vitamin C, or 4251% of the recommended Daily Value, and provides Ascorbic Acid organically–bound to over 70 synergistic phytonutrients and antioxidants.
One 4 capsule serving of Camu Caps provides 400mg of 100% natural Vitamin C, the daily amount recommended for healthy adults by the Linus Pauling Institute. LPI estimates that 5 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables provides approximately 200mg of Vitamin C, therefore 1 serving of Camu Caps provides the same amount of Vitamin C as 10 servings fruits and vegetables.
Learn more about the beneficial effects of natural Vitamin C at: http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/vitamins/vitaminC/